Translate

Learn to Buy Cars at Auctions

Click Here! car auctions

Friday 18 April 2008

It's funny how inanimate objects have a nasty knack of bringing you down to earth.I'm currently driving a very elderly Rover 420,diesel.And I'm very pleased with it;or I was.I've used the car virtually every day without a hint of trouble,and there's the rub;you get lulled into a confidence that is just waiting to be shattered.Mine was when the gearbox seized because a bearing in the final drive broke and jammed the works,so to speak.Because the shaft from the gearbox into the clutch wasn't turning,although the clutch was,it didn't do a lot for said clutch and so there I was on the side of a freeway with no drive.Accolades have to go to Directline who,via their breakdown insurance, got me picked up and transported back home.But real praise and truly felt gratitude must go to gorgeous Wendy,my boss, who ran me round and organised Directline for me when my mobile let me down.Wendy,take a bow!

No comments: