Translate

Learn to Buy Cars at Auctions

Click Here! car auctions

Monday 7 February 2011

Of Jeeps and Crash Boxes

Going way back in my driving 'career',which makes it sound like I knew what I was doing,when I was still working in the local garage,before I demolished the workshop wall and got the sack the boss,no,not Bruce Springsteen,told me to drop a jeep in at another depot.I don't know what I was expecting but it sure wasn't an old Willys military style jeep.Still,I was young enough and stupid enough to give it a go.Because this vehicle had a crash-box and I hadn't been trained up on this sort of thing.Nobody of my vintage had and it was the first and thankfully ,last, time I had come across a beast like this.Progress was,shall we say,jerky,entailing masses of revs and then virtually no revs as I tried to change gear without some very distressing noises from the gearbox,which attracted a lot of amused attention from pedestrians as I tried to drive past with a feigned nonchalant expression,like I meant it to be that way.Must have sweated a gallon by the time I dropped the Jeep off.

No comments: