Translate

Learn to Buy Cars at Auctions

Click Here! car auctions

Wednesday 25 April 2007

I never imagined when the DS came into the family that I'd end up using it to tow a twenty foot caravan across Ireland.But that's what happened.The parents got an idea in their heads that it would be nice to pick up a 'van in Ireland and motor across to the west coast.Well I was young enough and crazy enough to agree,even though the only thing I'd towed before was my brother's van (yes,that van) and that by a piece of washing line.
Still,there we were,on the ferry,in a cabin well below the water line,therefore no windows and thinking,'Titanic ' as the ship's engines thudded and banged all around us.Great start to the holiday.I think the car probably had a better cruise.
Anyway,we picked up the caravan and very nice it was too,were given a brief 'how-to' by the hirer and off we went.After the first couple of miles I found that towing a caravan wasn't as fraught as I'd imagined,that disasters weren't waiting around every corner.Or maybe they were but the other drivers were more upto the job than I was and once we hit open countryside it was a sheer joy.

No comments: