Translate

Learn to Buy Cars at Auctions

Click Here! car auctions

Saturday 15 January 2011

Don't know if you read about the Citroen Xsara that was apt to lock me out on occasion,but even the Carina pulled that trick on me once,only once but how many times do you want to be locked out of your car? I'd just got to my night job,turned off the engine and lights and got out for a minute.You can probably see what's coming.The door slammed shut and for some reason the central locking did it's stuff and there I was,outside the car and keys inside.Even without the alarm system present(and that's another story),breaking into the old car was too much for me.
So after a long walk home after my shift,rang my recovery service and met 'em back at the car.Maybe this post should be re-titled 'how to break into a car' because what follows is exactly that.I have never seen the likes of it before.The mech. produced two hard nylon wedges and a long rod with a serious-looking hook on one end.He casually slapped one wedge into the gap between the driver's door and the body and the other between the door and the roof.By now he had opened up a gap that looked wide enough for him to nearly get his arm through never mind the rod with the hook,which he slid in and after a couple of false starts managed to snag the unlock button on the door and eased it back.With the door open,we turned off the radio and checked the car would start,which it did.All sorted out and not a mark on the car.Must remember to get a spare key cut one of these days.

No comments: