Translate

Learn to Buy Cars at Auctions

Click Here! car auctions

Wednesday 5 January 2011

More  about the Carina,the latest car in the family. I don't know about you but I hate the first few weeks of ownership of a strange car,that period of time when you find out what you've really bought,the only way you can,by driving it;and trusting it's going to get you back home again.And I can honestly say that the Carina showed me exactly what I'd bought the first time I was driving to work. It and I were sitting patiently in the outside lane of a five road junction,waiting to turn right when the lights changed.Revs were fine,temperature was fine,everything sounded and felt fine,no nasty red lights on the dash.Birds were singing,sun was out,darn it felt good to be behind the wheel again.The lights turned green and I set off,all of about two feet and stalled it.No problem,I thought,keep calm,everyone stalls occasionally,'specially a strange car.Turned the key.Nothing.Tried again.Not even a click. By now I had quite a queue of traffic behind,all the drivers commiserating with me. Least,I think they were commiserating with me;I could've been wrong.It was pretty obvious I wasn't going anywhere so I hopped out and pushed my dead Carina across the junction and into a side road.Popped the bonnet and gave everything the once over.One of the last things I checked were the battery connections.Touched the live terminal and was rewarded by the alarm siren kicking into action.Once my pulse came down to double figures I gingerly tightened the terminal clamp and turned the key.The engine fired up and ran smoothly and I carried on to work.The problem has occurred a few times since but at least I know where to look for the cure.

No comments: