Translate

Learn to Buy Cars at Auctions

Click Here! car auctions

Tuesday 18 January 2011

Of DS and CX and USA

One thing that attracted me to the Citroen CX,amongst others, was the fact that the previous owner had fitted a stainless steel exhaust system and over the time I had the car,about 2 years,the system remained looking brand new and with no 'blowing' or rot in sight.Well worth getting if possible,bearing in mind the average life of a mild steel exhaust is about 18 months.
Like the DS before it,the CX's spare wheel lived under the bonnet(hood) along with the jack equipment and spare can of the mineral fluid for the suspension,which gives you some idea of the size of the engine compartment. Which is nothing compared to the space under the bonnet of an old American motor that came into the garage I worked at.When the boss popped the hood I swear I could have sat in there with the engine,a diminutive-looking block surrounded by acres(I've told you a million times to stop exaggerating,ed.) well,it seemed like it,of space.Amazing!

No comments: